Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lush Deer quilt




I am so excited to be finished with my husband's deer quilt. This project was really fun since I was designing the blocks improv as I went and then sized them all and came up with the final layout. It is machine quilted with a pattern that resembles wood grain to go with the woodsy effect in the fabric. I had originally seen a similar quilt here: http://tallgrassprairiestudio.blogspot.com/2009/05/for-jon-with-love.html

So I emailed Jacquie to ask if she minded if I made a similar quilt...she was so sweet and didn't mind.

3 comments:

  1. I really love this quilt! I have three sons and this would be perfect for my oldest as loves the woods and deer. What fabric is that with the deer? I tried searching fabric shack for deer fabric but no luck.

    I also have a boy that turned 21 just last week. Weird ... isn't it?!?! I told him to be 12 again but he wouldn't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as it's a quilt for a man
    i'll refrain from saying that it's gorgeous...
    it's a very...
    what's a "manly" word for gorgeous?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly a labor of love! This quilt looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete